Wow, it is so good to be where we are this morning and not where we were yesterday at this time. All of us (myself, "JP", and my lovely, handsome, nurse who happens to be wearing a very hard cercival neck collar) had a GREAT night - no contractions, bleeding seems to have stopped and JP's little heartbeat it ticking along fast and strong.
I have a glimmer of hope that they may let me go home today but I suspect tomorrow or even a few days from now is more likely. The truth is I feel really safe here - attached to the baby monitor with the constant droll of his little heartbeat always in the background, and directly across the street from my midwife's and my OB's office. (I have typically had all my babies with a midwife but the events of the past 2 days have now moved me to the "high risk" category so the OB in her office has taken over.) I could probably even see their office from my hospital room - if I were allowed to walk to the window. I also take great comfort in knowing that my OB is a runner, and a fast one. (He's out doing a "short" 10 mile run as part of his Alaska Marathon training as I type.) So I have no doubt he could be here quickly should we need him.
Yesterday is all a blur to me - full of fear, anxiety, and confusion. I found it hard to really be intentional and focused with my thoughts and prayers. I'm really hoping and expecting today to be an entirely new day in that regard. It feels like a day of promise.
We won't know anything about the plans for today until this afternoon with my OB comes in to visit. Until then, it's business as usual - shifting side to side in bed, wishing I could get out of bed to look out the window, and some good reading/prayer time. I'm also told our girls will be coming in the visit so that should be exciting!
13 comments:
Martha, August, and JP -
Woke today excited to check your progress on the blog - keep resting and doing whatever they tell you to do!!! We love you all and are praying for this little guy to stay put in his warm and safe environment for a few more weeks! love, Amy and Mark
Dear Mama,
I'm excited to come and see you today! I can't wait to hear Jakee Pat's heartbeat and too see your face actually (I mean, not on Skype). Please never forget that I love you ssssssssssssoooooooooo much! And always remember that your "that good" to me. I'll continue to pray for you and Jakee Pat.
Lots of Love, Hugs, and Kisses,
Liv
That is wonderful news! We have prayed for you and see the hope that is coming. We also have faith that it is His will that Jakee Pat is even coming to town. So it is destiny that JP is a trouble maker already, right from the get go. You just wait, boys are wonderful, but they are a handful, especially the strong-willed future leaders of America. Thanks for sharing the good news though your blog. We will try to Skype you later.
Love
Lisaloo & Davidoo
Sounds like you're doing great. We're continuing to offer prayers for all of you.
Dear Martha & August,
We prayed for you right away last night when we got the email, but did not get to send a response right away. We are happy to hear the progress this morning.
Please continue to have plenty of rest and we will support you with our prayers.
Love,
Santos, Lily and kids
Glad to hear the wonderful news!!! Hope you and the little guy continue to do well!!!
Love,
Ashley
Dear Martha
I have only just come to your blog for the first time in days - I am so sorry to have missed praying for you before this. I put a prayer request on the forums and I am praying and praying for you my friend. Please let me know if there is anything I can do (from 3 hours away!)
Praying very hard, Martha...for you and the wee one!
You and your sweet baby are in our prayers.
Martha, saw this on the 4 real forum...just wanted to pop in and say I have so been in your shoes.... My first pregnancy, I had a 14 week abruption, and bled like crazy for days, and ended up with a marginal insertion of the cord, diabetes....pre-eclampsia....and now that big guy is bugging me constantly for drivers ed :)
Oh...and I am an old OB nurse, too!
Keep the Faith, Sister!! I am praying!!!
Diana
Martha and Family, we have been praying for and thinking of you. It sounds like things are on the mend and we are so thankful for all of you.
Love to all, Dad and Audrey
Whoa, it's kinda cool that your kids are blogging, but it makes me feel pretty old. I'm glad Martha is feeling safe with her unusually fleet obstetrician. How are you guys doing for groceries and stuff--you need anybody to go on a Sam's run or something? We can go tomorrow on the way home from church. We'll take Kristen's cell phone (987-5555) in case you decide to call. Seriously, it's no trouble at all.
When we see you, remind me to tell you the story of the recent birth of my colleague's third child (about a week ago). His wife went from 4 to 10 cm on the elevator ride (at Martha Jeff) and delivered about 60 seconds after getting off. There was no physician present, but a nurse was around to catch the kid before he hit the floor.
Martha and Family,
Sooo excited to read the good news. You have been in my prayers all day and you will continue to be. Rest well.
Love,
Dawn
Post a Comment