I called my OB office this morning to ask if he would consider decreasing my Terbutaline (anti-contraction medication) dose. I'm contracting only occasionally and never anything regular and the stuff causes me to keep a headache most of the time.
My midwife called back with his answer. Yes, I can cut the dose in half.
I also took the opportunity to ask her if I should expect to be parked here for the remainder of the pregnancy. (I had been optimistic that when he sees me next week, he might be SO impressed with my "progress" that he might allow a little more activity. )
Her answer - "Yep."
{big heavy sigh}
Oh well, at least our couch is by a window.......and they're plenty of signs of spring to enjoy albeit from a distance.
"When we rise to respond to God's love, the obstacles disappear; on the other hand, without love even the tiniest difficulty seems insuperable. If there is union with the Lord, everything becomes tolerable. 'While all sorts of setbacks are encountered as difficult by those who do not love; those who do love, on the contrary, find them trivial and easily manageable. There is no suffering, however cruel or violent it may be, which is not made bearable or even reduced to nothing by love.' (Saint Augustine)"
--Francis Fernandez, In Conversation with God, Vol. 2
1 comment:
Martha,
Our family continues to hold your intentions close to our hearts during our family Rosary each night!
Post a Comment