Sunday, March 15, 2009

When Will I Get it That I am Not the Author of This Story?

I won't be going home today. {Insert immensely sad face here since I can't seem to figure out how to do that on Blogger.}

I'm not contracting and I'm not bleeding so those are praises. JP is active and happy as can be in my belly. But, my hematocrit (red blood cell count) is still low. It was already low when I came in and for someone at risk of bleeding, it needs to be HIGH. So here I am for another night. (I'll be googling high iron foods today and making a grocery list for August. I foresee a week of steak, spinach and prunes!)

I can't deny my disappointment at being here another night. Once again, I had the day figured out. And once again, I'm reminded that I'm not the one penning this tale.....God is. And it's really not my tale anyway. It's JP's. The fact that he even exists at all is a miracle in itself - well worth a post for another time. God is good and He is trustworthy and it is to those truths that I'll cling today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are following and praying. You are such a witness to God's grace, mercy, and love!
Peace of Christ,
prayers and love,
the Buckos

Anonymous said...

We wish you could come home too, Mom! Sayah cintah kamu (and so do all the rest of us... I don't know how to say 'we' in Indonesian! ;) )

MOJE

Marilyn said...

Martha - try and rest and "enjoy" your day in bed - for iron - find some organic blackstrap molasses - I used to have low iron counts - then when expecting Matt someone recommended this to me - I take it in my tea - and I have not had the iron problem since.

We offered our Mass for you.

Anonymous said...

I thought CHOCOLATE had iron in it! JP will like me before he even meets me! xoxoxo kel

Anonymous said...

Halo Mama!
I was REALLY (let me repeat that RREEAALLYY)glad to see you today! Though i'm dissapointed that you're not coming home today, I know that it is for the best, and that that's what God wants, so I'll just have to deal with it. I thought about you at Mass some this morning, and I'm wondering what you're doing at theis moment, perhaps finishing up lunch, or posting somthing on the blog. I'll pray that you'll be able to come home tommarrow (and I'm hoping too). It would be pretty sad for you to be at the hospital on your birthday. We'd have to bring you cake and birthday dinner, not that that would be a pain in the neck or anything. I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

Love you,
Livi

B Searcy said...

Hey Marnie. We are glad August let us know about what was going on with you. Try to be patient in the hospital. I'm sure you're going stir-crazy, but the baby must need this time, and you probably do, too. You've got a wonderful support system at home - and farther - and especially Higher. Love you - and will pray in hope that you'll be eating cake (iron-rich cake?) and ice cream at HOME tomorrow... :) Beth

Anonymous said...

definitely blackstrap molasses!

jen mackintosh said...

So very right, Martha.

Each pregnancy, each child is a different and new story. Each one is filled with grace and opportunities to grow more, dig deeper, and trust in the Author and Giver of Life.

You and this baby and your family are in my daily prayers!