Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Convalescing

This is August.

It's now six days after surgery and I feel almost back to normal. I no longer have any pain on swallowing or fevers. I am finally sleeping through most of the night. Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, cards, meals and fruit baskets. I feel God's love through all of you. I also feel His love through my beloved wife, who now has to do so much for our family. What a blessing it is to see her homeschool our children and care for me each day. God has given me this sweet time to show me the blessings he has given me. Thank you!

The symptoms for which I initially sought medical care, numbness and tingling in my right hand, however hasn't resolved. This could be because of persistent swelling or it could mean another disc compressing the nerve roots further down the spinal cord;my MRI did show multilevel disc disease in my cervical spine. Please pray that these symptoms will eventually resolve.

No comments: