My doctor visited this afternoon. Here's a quick run down of that visit. First the most encouraging details:
- I now have bathroom priviledges. Woo Hoo!! (I'll not go into details, but you can just imagine how exciting this it!!) My dark-haired, sweet "nurse" with the cervical collar has been WONDERFUL, as he always is, but there are just some things you'd rather not need help with. 'Nuf said??
- I've been taken off the continuous monitoring.
- My terbutaline has been stretched to every 6 hours instead of every 4. (Although that may change if these contractions keep up.)
- I've been moved out of L&D and into a regular room......way more comfortable and quieter.
- I may get to go home tomorrow - YAY!
- I'll be on bedrest once I'm home - at least for a couple of weeks but he wouldn't be any more specific than that.
- August, who was only given permission by his surgeon to drive a mere 2 days ago, is now suddenly the only driver for our family. (Please pray that he is protected whenever he's in the car. It could be devestating to the healing in his neck if he were to be rear-ended.)
- My doc says, in his opinion/experience, there's a 50% chance that I will have another bleeding episode in the future.
- I need to expect that I'll require a c-section. (Which is just fine by me anyway, given all the risks involved with this pregnancy.)
8 comments:
You are always in good spirit, no matter what, Martha; may God bless you! We are keeping you, the baby, and your entire family + both of your Mothers in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this. We also pray that the doctor(s) and the nurse(s) do their part well so that you and the baby could resume your daily activities until his birth.
Ramon, David, Ptolemy, and Galla
Martha,
I'm here praying for you and the little one.
You are in my prayers, Martha.
Many prayers and lots of hugs for all of you.
Hi Mom!
We all miss you here (including Oma).
XOXO
Marina ;)
Dear Martha - I have been praying for you through the night. Hoping things were quiet and uneventful. Praying too for peace for all of you.
I have emailed you too. Wish I was closer to help. We could set up a care calendar for you www.carecalendar.org so that locally friends/family can coordinate meals, care for the girls and activities.You have my email and # - please call if I can help.
My 31 week preemie twins (now big guys with attitude) are saying special prayers for your little guy.
Hugs my friend.
Dear Martha,
I am offering my Communion for you and your precious one at Mass this morning--lighting a candle before Our Lady of Guadalupe as well...
Post a Comment