Friday, April 24, 2009

Getting to Know Our Favorite Little Man.....

We've had some wonderful get-acquainted time over the past couple of days. The big sisters have been in to see us (Who am I kidding?! We all know who they are here to see!) often. When they come, sweet Brayden gets passed from sister to sister, over and over again. One of my nurses told me it's a good thing I'm nursing him, otherwise, I might never get an opportunity to hold him. I think she's right!
Having never had a c-section, I really wasn't sure how quickly I'd be up and moving. I'm happy to report that (with a little help from some strong narcotics) I'm slowly but surely getting back on my feet. It feels really good to be headed back toward normalcy - whatever that will look like now!
We were originally told that Brayden would likely need to stay an extra few days after I was discharged. His pediatrician explained that often, 36 weekers (especially boys) often have trouble regulating their temperature (staying warm enough) and keeping their blood sugar high enough. Although he has had a few episodes of dropping both his temp and sugar, Brayden has mostly managed to charm his docs and nurses with his dashing good looks and vigorous eating habits....his adorable knitted pea pod hat made by my friend Julie (see bottom photo) doesn't hurt either! All signs are pointing to a discharge for both of us tomorrow!


We're all simply smitten. Can you blame us???

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I can't blame you! He's adorable. We are looking forward to getting to know him ourselves. Praise the Lord for such a handsome, healthy baby!

Alicia

Katy said...

He is SUPER cute!!! How much fun to have a new baby...what joy! I love all the pictures with the big sisters with Brayden. I'm so happy for you all and that he's doing so well!
love, katy

kel said...

Tell Brayden he has officially been named a "COUSIN!"

That certainly means I'll get a turn holding him---right, girls?!

Love "Aunty M"

Liza said...

He is so cute! Can't wait to meet him!

Olivia said...

Don't worry Aunty Messimer, you'll det plenty of chances to hold him.

Your "Niece",
Olivia

Marina said...

We LOVE you, Brayden!

Marina said...

Yes... A good 'Aunty' should always have a turn holding her new little 'nephew'. ;)

Liza said...

Well, if he's the Messimers' cousin, he's related some how to us, 'cause I was pretty sure that the Messimers are our cousins! ;)

Olivia said...

Of course, Liza! Our Family is related to tons of families!

Miriam Nissley said...

What a beautiful family! Adorable baby boy, too! Love that knitted pea pod hat that Julie gave to Brayden! Glad to hear that you both are coming home together.
Miriam

Marina said...

Yes, Liza... tons. We have about 13 last names probably! ;)

buckofamily said...

Oh, Martha, I am so overjoyed for you all! He is amazing. I knew you'd have yours before I have mine but wow, that was really early! I'm so glad he is so healthy and that you are getting back up on your feet. Take it easy! I am in the midst of super discomfort at the very end and with a serious heat wave to boot. Pray this one comes soon! (and most importantly, safely). Maybe we can catch up this summer!
love to you and all those sweet, beautiful girls. Give August our love and kiss that baby boy.

rmk said...

OMGosh, that last picture!!! He's such a cuterello!!!