
Here we are at 35 weeks!!!! I can hardly believe I've been on bedrest for 4 weeks. I remember how hard it was emotionally when we first started. It was too painful to look into the future - so many unknowns, so much depending on others to get us through this ordeal, so many fears and anxieties. I literally had to fight to keep my head in each day, taking them one at a time. Anything else was just too overwhelming.....and scary too. And yet, today, I'm beginning to catch glimpses of the finish line. It's coming into view - slowly but surely - and I'm full of joy and excitement. We (our family, our friends, our FAITHFUL GOD) have figured out how to make this work in spite of the challenges. I'll be forever grateful.
I think the fact that the end is near became more real to me yesterday when I called my OB to schedule the date of my c-section.
May 1st!!!!
Many weeks ago, my friend Amy asked me to put a belly shot on here for her to see. I forgot about that request until recently. Here it is my friend. Now, this may appear to be a normal 35 week belly but I tell you, it's not. Apparently, it is soccer field, tennis court, swimming pool, and all around fun place to be - at least according to the activity level of this very strong-legged boy. He gets it naturally with his daddy, grandfather, and greatgrandfather all being tennis fanatics - some of them even nationally ranked so I really can't expect anything less. He has continued to be healthy and active throughout this entire ordeal. For that, I'm so thankful.It's not to say there still aren't unknowns. The truth is I still go to bed everynight wondering if I'll make it 'til morning without any complications. It's a little nervewracking at times. In fact, my current big prayer request is that I can stay out of the hospital this week. One thing is for certain though. Come May 2nd, I will no longer be a pregnant lady. For sometime between now and May 2nd, we will meet our little fella' face to face.. We will hold him and kiss him and begin to tell him the story of his Heavenly Father's lovingkindness and faithfulness to him over all of these hard weeks. I intend to tell him that story over and over for all of his life. This little boy has been prayed for for many, many years. That's a whole separate story in itself. But suffice it to say, I'm excited to watch his life unfold and be part of the adventure.

6 comments:
Very EXCITING!!!! Spoken like a real...spring chicken!
Cute belly! May Day is a lovely day to have a baby too!! Some good Saint feast days on either side of it too. My children have already gone through the calendar for April and May and specified which saint days would be acceptable for baby to be born!!
Martha - thanks for the belly shot!!!! I'm glad you remembered my request!! He looks good and so does your midsection! You will (maybe) have that baby when I am in Nicaragua - soon! love you - and stay on the couch! Amy
I'm so excited for you, Martha! You made it past Easter...and it's just so close now! Still praying that the wee one stays tucked a bit longer. What joy must fill your heart and home as you rejoice in this time in so many ways!
Belly is so cute! WE've been thinking and praying for you and this little boy! I'm 37 weeks today so we are eyeing that finish line too!
Nice "Belly Shot"!
When did you do that?
Liv
Post a Comment