Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful Hearts


Recently I was transferring all of our 2009 family photos from one computer to another. As they imported onto the new computer they flashed quickly across the screen, one by one.....sort of a slide show of our lives for the past 11 months. Each image that passed was a sobering reminder of the depths of our suffering and the heights of our joy but mostly of the Lord's abiding faithfulness through it all. This year, Thanksgiving is especially precious. Although the Lord shows his faithfulness to us every year, the trials of this particular year have made His blessings to us all the more sweet. Many of YOU have shared the ups and downs of this year with us. We are so thankful for you for being instruments of God's faithfulness to us.

I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. 4 For the sake of Jacob my servant, of Israel my chosen, I summon you by name and bestow on you a title of honor, though you do not acknowledge me.
Is. 45: 3-4

No comments: