There's the squid I decided to forego.
Then you go back to your table where you cook it yourself on a little gas grill sunken in the middle of the table. So, using chopsticks, you dip your meat into a sauce akin to teriyaki sauce, grill, dip again, then eat; all the time using the same set of chopsticks. 8-)
All those little bowls are dipping sauce. I lost track of which sauce was the before-cooking and after-cooking dipping bowl so I through caution to the wind, shoved aside all thoughts of cross-contamination, and thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. You can pray I make it back to American soil alive. :)
Apparently, not feeling that they had fed us enough, his family had THREE birthday cakes to choose from. Here are two of them.
When it came time to light the candles, the restaurant started piping in their own version of "Happy Birthday to You" in various different languages through the overhead speakers. It was at this point, I decided a video was worth more than any description I could ever write. Enjoy!
When it came time to light the candles, the restaurant started piping in their own version of "Happy Birthday to You" in various different languages through the overhead speakers. It was at this point, I decided a video was worth more than any description I could ever write. Enjoy!
It was a really fun day and I think August felt very loved!







1 comment:
A raw meat bar...hmmmmmm...hmmmmmmm....still thinking.......
Hope your little guy is feeling better. With all the new food and different water, I'm surprised he is the only one of you with a tummy ache. Have fun, be safe...hope you'll be home before too long.....
Yes. Martha..I hope you make it back alive.:):) luv u, luv u, mom
Post a Comment