Hi,
Olivia here. Sorry I haven't been around lately. My life has been busy. But I'm here now to tell you why. :D
Since your last real update, we've been to a zoo, attended 2 parties, and gotten pulled over by the indonesian 'polisi'. All very pleasant experiences, as you can imagine. :D
Yesterday we went to an Indonesian mass. It was...interesting. By the end I had learn like 4 Indonesian words!! I was so proud. Unfortunately the other 42,754 (just a random guess) words that were spoken I didn't get at all. No matter. I got the gist.
We all nearly cried in delight today when we realized we were going to Pizza Hut for lunch. Real, actual, American pizza. It was amazing. Don't think I've ever enjoyed Pizza Hut as much as today...:)
One of the things I miss the most from home is my music. I mean, I have the music on my iPod but no dock, no Pandora, no dancing around the kitchen. When I get home I'm gonna blast everyone's ears out and scream and dance through the whole house. Until then, you're welcome to do it for me...(tell me how it goes. I'd love to know how much your family members enjoy it)
By the way, did I mention our driver's name is Metro? Go figure. He also seems to find us amusing often, which is funny because he understands like1% of what we say. If he understood all 100%, I'm not sure he'd have agreed to drive us places 12 hours a day...
Apparently, we look like celebrities. I know, I know...you already knew that one. :P But in their movies here, apparently most of the actors are half-Asian--like us. So like we really do look like celebrities. For once in my life I can feel famous. :D
The mosquitos would like you to know how incredibly tasty I am. They seem to like me the most of all 7 of us, which is a shame since I don't really appreciate the compliment for once. At once point, I had like 8 bites on my face which made me look sorta polka-dotted. Not that flattering. Thanks for everything, mosquitos, but please stay away from now on...
Our trip to Bali starts tomorrow!!! We're all pretty psyched...pray it'll go well!
(Sorry for the lack of pictures. I didn't feel like uploading anything. Look forward to another Marina post comin' soon...:D)
Love y'all!
~Olivia~
2 comments:
Hi Sweet Olivia:
I love your post.....so entertaining and funny. Glad you all are having fun yet still miss good ole Virginia. Thanks so much for catching me up on what's going on. Can't wait to hear the next installment!! luv u, gramma
Post a Comment