Anyway, we arrived in Bali safely--albeit somewhat permanently affected by our spider encounter--and so now I finally have time to bestow upon you my second set of little tips/notes (although there really wasn't much to write about). You'll thank me later.
Let's pick up where we left off, shall we?
August 3
14. When an Indonesian stranger tries to tell/ask you something and you can understand only a word of it, just smile, nod, and move on. Pray it was a yes-or-no question.16. Just heard a song and was touched by the lyrics, so I thought I'd share them with you.
"Jumpin' out of bed, YAHOO MONKEY!!
Jumpin' out of bed, YAHOO MONKEY!!"
I can't be *sure* that's what they were saying--it's just a rough translation--but it's my best guess.
If you wanna hear how it sounds, call me, and I'll serenade you.
See the resemblance? (ok, maybe it's a stretch)
I guess that means that *I'm*....
oh.
22. Driving Rule #3: When a human has stationed themselves in the middle of the road, use intimidation. Honk and drive faster.*
*I am not liable for any damage caused.
23. Observation is key here. If someone looks or talks or smells different, stare at them like a dingo watches a human baby.
You might be quizzed later.
August 6
31. What America's Missing #2: Chickencycles.
I can just imagine a guy zooming over US 29 with a chicken cage strapped to the back of his motorcycle.
32. Just got pulled over for *not* running a red light.
LOGIC, Y U NO HERE???
33. Summary of what's allowed in Indonesia:
"Are we doing anything illegal?"
"Doesn't matter: They only care if we're doing something *not* illegal."
34. You know you're in Indonesia when your driver's making fun of your accent. :/
Maybe I'll just stick to Latin.
There's no one around to correct me.
Oh, except for my choirmaster.
(Look at those scary eyes.)
August 7
41. I'm going to have my honeymoon here at this Bali Hyatt. Guess I'd better find a husband first--any takers?
I'll try and put up some pictures of the Bali Hyatt and stuff later. Right now, it's off to bed... We're twelve hours ahead of y'all!
Until then,
Marina Grace Cecilia Joan Scholastica






1 comment:
I loved all of your funny comments and pictures....particularly no. 22 and no. 31. We need to try both onRt. 29 in C'ville!!! That will be fun.
Keep postin'....love it!!!
Also luv u!!
gramma
Post a Comment