Brayden had another weight check today. If you recall, he was up 6 ounces in just 4 days last week. For that reason, I thought our goal of being back to birth weight by today wasn't unreasonable. That would have required a 10 ounce gain over the course of a week. Yet the little guy had only gained 3 ounces, bringing him to an even six pounds. Ugh!
I know I should feel encouraged that he's headed in the right direction but I had so hoped for a much greater gain this week. I really need to stop expecting him to act like all my other babies and keep remembering that we haven't even reached his due date yet. (Keep telling me that, would you please?)
I know we will get there, eventually, and this phase will be a distant memory. But in the getting there, however long it takes, I need to be more intentional about celebrating our victories, however small they may be. For although small, they are still a part of Brayden's story.
No comments:
Post a Comment