Thursday, February 26, 2009

RECOVERY Update #1

He's here!! They rolled him into his room around 6:15 tonight. He looks great. He's pretty groggy still and not much for conversation, but still able to make a few wise-cracks. It's SO good to have him back.

Dr. Young came in a little bit ago for one last check of the day. Apparently, he's never seen such a large disc in all of his 40 years of practice. (I'm glad I didn't know that at 10:00 this morning!)

Thanks to everyone who kept vigil with me today. I know there were many, many prayers offered and candles burning on our behalf. I wish I was able to respond to all of the encouraging and humerous emails I've received today. (Thanks to those of you who offered the comic relief! You made me laugh out loud.) But for some reason, I can receive but not send from here. I even had to hack into August's laptop to be able to post this.

A few folks have asked how long we'll be here. There's a chance (although probably small) that he could be discharged tomorrow evening. More likely, we'll go home on Saturday. His recovery will require him to wear a hard (and I mean HARD) neck collar for 4-6 weeks. It makes me uncomfortable looking at it! He plans to only take a couple of weeks off of work but we'll see how that goes.

I'll try to post some pictures from my computer tomorrow.

For now, they just rolled my bed into the room...........and it looks awfully inviting! It's so good to have this afternoon over. Good night, all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your honeymoon suite! We rejoice with you at the end of another day that screams of the faithfulness of God.

laura

Monica Sanusi Gele said...

Very exciting! I could not even imagine him going home tomorrow...rest up enjoy the quiet and care. (quiet...assuming that you aren't in a shared room...lol)

Love,
Monica

P.S. You never know I might come to town...

Anonymous said...

Praise God! Sounds like prayers were answered "exceedingly abundantly more than we could ask"

Sweet dreams and good rest to you both!

Alicia

Santos Kadi said...

We are relieved to hear that the surgery went well. We continue to pray for a speedy recovery. Take care.

Santos & Lily

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom!

It's good that you were able to post something! We will be praying for you all day. See you Today or tomorrow!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
~ Marina G. Sanusi

Amy said...

Marfa and August - we love you guys and continue to pray for you both today - to recover well and peacefully and to go home soon in fullness of strength, rejoicing in God's goodness and provision for your family through this trial! Amy and Mark

Anonymous said...

Martha, and August, Hallelujah for answered prayer!! We will watch with anticipation for a very quick and uneventful recovery and healing!! We look forward to having the girls today as they perform their gymnastics routines! I hope to be the audience this time! See you soon! Joanna