One of the best and funnest ways we stayed in touch with our girls while away was by the use of Skype . Skype is a program that allows you to communicate via webcam over your computer screen. And the best part is it's FREE! (At least the basic version is free and I believe that's all most users would need.) Because we had downloaded Skype last week, both onto our home computer and August's laptop, the girls were able to see and talk with August shortly after he came back from surgery. They were also able to "meet" Dr. Young yesterday via webcam.
If you have family or friends far away that you want to stay in touch with, I can't recommend this program highly enough. You will need a webcam; however many newer laptops come with one built in. If you don't have a webcam already, this is the model we use on our desk top at home, and it has worked great.
2 comments:
I highly recommend it too!
~ MGS
I've really liked being to see Dad in the Hospital! We (the girls) have had a lot of fun with Skype.
Livi Lou
Post a Comment