
Today, as I'm carrying Brayden and walking in to our local homeschool co-op to pick up the girls from their classes, another mom stops me.
"Hi, Martha." She says, eyeing Brayden. "Did you all decide to adopt one or two?"
What?! Now, I'm fighting to maintain my composure and not laugh at this poor woman who sees the look of amusement on my face.
"No." I say cheerfully. "I had him. Maybe your thinking about my friend, Susan."
"Oh!" She says. "I thought when I saw him that maybe you decided on one now and then one later."
I smiled and kept walking but in my head I was thinking, "Yes, I KNOW my children look nothing like me.....they're CUTER!" ;-)
Oh well, (insert deep sigh here).....I guess I'll just have to keep praying for that blonde!
4 comments:
Great picture! Brayden, you're so cute!!
I know how you can get a blonde .... There are PLENTY here in Ukraine who need homes! :)
I don't think he could be any cuter.
He is soooo cute. He looks just like Aug. in a baby pic in the Indonesian album where he is in sandals and overalls.
At least she didn't think that you were the Nanny. You are soo patient.
Post a Comment