Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Food Challenge - APPLES!


After a beautiful morning of apple picking with an internet-turned-real-life friend recently, the girls started planning for their next food challenge. Marina was working on baking cookies for some friends on challenge day so she bowed out of this one. Here's what the others came up with:

(Note to self: Remember to get the camera out BEFORE the challenge foods are consumed! Sorry folks, I was so distracted by the beauty and yummy-ness of these treats that I plum forgot to pull out the camera before all of Olivia's creations were gone!)

Juliette's entry (shown above): Spiced Apple Spirals with Cinnamon Cream - Apples peeled and spiral cut then sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon sugar and baked. Served with a whipped cream/cinnamon sauce.

Olivia's and Eliza's entry (consumed before photo shoot!): Apple Pockets - Sliced apples tossed with brown and white sugars and cinnamon, then wrapped in dough to make individual servings. (Sort of like an apple turnover.)

As of this posting, I don't have permission from all of the participants to share with you which entry won. I'll just say both were tasty and we all enjoyed the judging.

Until the next challenge............(which they're already plotting)

2 comments:

Molly said...

Looks Great Juliette!!

Liza said...

Yum! Maybe we start food challenges too...or change the idea to make something slightly different :)