Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cleaning House

I took a few minutes to clean up some things around here - the blog, not my own house because that would take a few years, not minutes! (I'm more into immediate gratification these days!) I updated my stack of reading in the left column but I'm just about done with Age of Opportunity. When I am, you can be sure it will immediately go into my right column of parenting favorites. What a GREAT book for parents of teens. It's not at all a how-to-get-them-to-do-what-you-want-them-to-do book. Rather, it's a how-to-understand-what's-going-on-in-their-hearts/minds sort of book. I can't recommend it highly enough. But then again, I feel that way about the Hold On To Your Kids book that already lives in the right column.

I'll soon be on to Bringing Up Geeks and also, Olivia and I are reading The Fellowship of the Ring together. (I'm a little embarassed to admit I've never read any of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.)

It's not hard to pick up on the theme to my reading selections so far this year. We have one teen already and will have a second in the near future. It is indeed an adventure!


Edited to add: Now I see that all those links I worked so hard to include above aren't working. I'll be back later to try and fix them. Sorry about that!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I can never get an Amazon link to work in the body of a post. If you figure it out, let me know.

I often find that your fav books are on my shelf too, but I've never heard of "Bringing Up Geeks." I'd love to hear your review of that one!

Olivia said...

Mom, you forgot to say about your half bithday....