The challenge rules~
- The "challenge ingredient" must be incorporated into the recipe - in this first case it was peaches.
- You may not follow a recipe exactly as written but must tweak it to make it uniquely your own
- Dishes are judged for taste, presentation, and creativity.
- They could use any appliance in the kitchen as long as they cleaned it and put it away.
- The kitchen had to look like no challenge had taken place there when they were done.
Here's what they came up with for the first challenge.
Left: Juliette's Peach CrumbleCenter: Marina's Peach Tart with Shortbread Crust
Right: Olivia's Lattice Top Peach Cobbler
With this first Challenge, our system of judging was pretty rudimentary. It pretty much came down to "Which one do you like best?" With subsequent challenges, which I'll post about another time, we (really it was August) came up with a more detailed points system.
I have to admit I was quite impressed watching them in the kitchen - not only as they planned and prepared the food but as they navigated the space with all four of them in there at once. We've had 2 more challenges since this one and we're going apple picking this week so I smell another one coming.
I won't say who won this first challenge - mostly because I can't remember anymore - but I will tell you they were all delicious.
All I can say is "Move over, Iron Chef!"
I have to admit I was quite impressed watching them in the kitchen - not only as they planned and prepared the food but as they navigated the space with all four of them in there at once. We've had 2 more challenges since this one and we're going apple picking this week so I smell another one coming.
I won't say who won this first challenge - mostly because I can't remember anymore - but I will tell you they were all delicious.
All I can say is "Move over, Iron Chef!"
2 comments:
I am totally impressed! Your girls really know their way around the kitchen. What fun. We're big fans of Food Network, too.
Awww that is such a fun idea!! Great outcome girls, they all look delicious! My roomates and I are going apple and pumpkin picking the 1st weekend in October. So, girls...I might want to use your recipes or get a few pointers from you...IF you are willing to share with Aunt Ashley!
Post a Comment