Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Special Day

Today is a special day around here. For that reason, there will be a special post to follow later on today. I've been anticipating this day (and this post) for some time. I knew it would be bittersweet. I've experienced a day like this 4 other times in my life. Yet, I knew this one would feel a little different, a little more intense. This time, I'm older and not so prone to taking things/people in my life for granted. This time, there are more people around to mark the day and to be affected by it. This time, I recognize I may never mark an event like this again. So I'm left wondering. Did Mary weep the day her precious Jesus turned one?

4 comments:

Elizabeth Foss said...

I don't know, but I think she weeps with you today. Because she knows exactly how you feel.
So do I. Be gentle with yourself today. Celebrate the miracle, the gift and the joy. Live in the NOW. Now is very good. Much love to you.

Molly said...

Enjoy this Very Special day!!
Can't wait to hear how it turns out....:)

Amy said...

Happy birthday to your sweet little boy. I cried when each child turned one, but my last child, my only son of 5 children, was particularly bittersweet. I understand. Elizabeth's advice is perfect! (as always, lol)

Anonymous said...

What a joyful day. Much to celebrate. Much to be thankful for.