We were walking out of church yesterday when, while August was being tapped on the shoulder by a tall, broad-shouldered 16 year old boy (the same size and height as our nephew), I was making eye contact with a guy who looked an awfully lot like August's brother from Atlanta. Both were snickering as their eyes twinkled. Following close behind were our sis-in-law, niece, and 2 other nephews. They had driven all the way from Atlanta and surprised us!
They arrived in town Saturday evening in time to catch the local fireworks, stayed in a hotel overnight, and snuck into church without us noticing. We, apparently, were sitting directly opposite them in church and nearly made eye contact several times. We were shocked and delighted.
We had a wonderful rainy Sunday afternoon together. I'll post some fun pictures later but for now I'll just say that it involved one cute baby, nine enthusiastic cousins, one jubilated senior citizen, and bowling! ;)
1 comment:
You're lucky they guessed right as to which Mass you were going to that day! Any inside conspirators?
Great to see all the happy news.
Post a Comment